The 120 South LaSalle Building occupies a prominent location in the heart of Chicago’s Financial District. Originally designed by Graham, Anderson, Probst and White, the 23 story building opened in 1928 as the State Bank Building with a grand banking hall on the second floor. In the mid 1990’s, The Lurie Company commissioned Lohan Associates to renovate the then empty building.
The renovation included all new windows, elevator modernization, first floor lobby restoration, and typical floor corridors and toilet rooms. The bottom of the light court, over the banking hall, was floored over to create an outdoor plaza. In addition, all building services, including HVAC, electrical service, plumbing, and fire sprinklers were modernized or installed.
Architect: Lohan Associates